Cutting back and sleeping in
- November 14th, 2012
We have received a number of e-mails asking where our early morning 7atSeven posts have gone. Effectively immediately I am going to stop publishing them. I started doing them back in January 2011 as an outgrowth from the old Abnormal Returns Now days. However now is as good a time as any to take back a little control of my schedule. There are
a number of two reasons why this make sense:
- I took a week off from them a couple of weeks ago and greatly enjoyed the freedom it provided. To effectively do an early morning link post at 7AM Eastern time you have to do some of the work the night before in addition to getting up early. The additional pageviews are not worth the incremental effort.
- Since starting this series of links posts there has been an explosion in the number of other blogs that have chosen this time of day to publish. In addition Twitter, overnight and early in the morning, is brimming with all manner of content. In short, there are plenty of good options for readers interested in a pre-market take on the news.
Now that I think about it really just boils down to a simple cost/benefit trade-off. So for now we will focus on the daily linkfest which (usually) comes out at 1PM when there is a chance to make a greater impact. As always thanks for the support and continued readership.
Abnormal Returns is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you click on my Amazon.com links and buy anything, even something other than the product advertised, I earn a small commission, yet you don't pay any extra. Thank you for your support.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Abnormal Returns has over its seven-year life become a fixture in the financial blogosphere. Over thousands of posts we have striven to bring the best of the financial blogosphere to readers. In that time the idea of a “forecast-free investment blog” remains as useful as it did six years ago. More »
- Saturday links: endowment effects
- Friday links: too many investors
- Thursday links: changing the world
- Wednesday links: the relentless bid
- Winter finance book giveaway
- Tuesday links: sticking with it
- Winter finance book round-up
- Monday links: the road to ruin
- What books Abnormal Returns readers purchased in February 2014
- Sunday links: content controls