Seventh blogiversary and book giveaway
- October 10th, 2012
Today marks the seventh anniversary of the start of the Abnormal Returns blog. During that time we have published over 3,900 posts and released our first book to the wider world. It just goes to show you never know what is going to happen when you first push that “Publish” button.
We would not still be doing this if it were not for the dedicated audience of daily readers. As of this morning our RSS feed had nearly 14,000 subscribers and over 28,000 combined followers on Twitter and StockTwits. We have received a number of kind mentions from the blogosphere and received an early blogiversary present yesterday from The Reformed Broker when he named us one of the “Five Best Financial Bloggers.”*
In light of this momentous occasion we want to give something back to our dedicated readers, without whom we would not still be doing this. We are going to give away copies of seven recently published finance and investment books including copies of our well-received book Abnormal Returns: Winning Strategies from the Frontlines of the Investment Blogosphere. (We can also sign copies of the book if like, but be forewarned it will significantly decrease its value.)
Here’s what you need to do to be eligible for the book giveaway:
- Send an e-mail with “Book giveaway” in the subject line to (tadas–at–abnormalreturns.com);
- Tell us what we can do to make Abnormal Returns even better;
- Have a US-based mailing address so I can get you a book at a reasonable cost.
The deadline for the giveaway is 3PM Eastern on Friday, October 12th. Be sure to tell all your friends. I will randomly select seven winners and notify them with instructions via e-mail. So keep an eye on your inbox.**
The submission box is now open. Thanks for playing and good luck!
*Presumably in the world, but we will have to check on that.
**Once I select the winners and ship out the books I will delete everyone’s e-mail address.
Abnormal Returns is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you click on my Amazon.com links and buy anything, even something other than the product advertised, I earn a small commission, yet you don't pay any extra. Thank you for your support.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Abnormal Returns has over its seven-year life become a fixture in the financial blogosphere. Over thousands of posts we have striven to bring the best of the financial blogosphere to readers. In that time the idea of a “forecast-free investment blog” remains as useful as it did six years ago. More »
- Sunday links: an enlightening event
- Top clicks this week on Abnormal Returns
- Saturday links: staying private longer
- Friday links: exercising your strengths
- Thursday links: understanding Wall Street
- 6 Essential Principles from Pragmatic Capitalism by Cullen Roche
- Wednesday links: the multiplier effect
- Tuesday links: knowledge alone
- To bond ETF or not: an excerpt from Rational Expectations by William Bernstein
- Monday links: excessive valuations