Thursday links: egg counter-revolutionaries
- July 4th, 2013
Just a handful of links this Independence Day. Be safe out there. We will catch back up with you tomorrow.
A quick tour around the markets. (ETF Trends)
Why don’t dividends keep pace with GDP? (Buttonwood)
What do the risk-averse do when things go badly? (HBR)
13 ways to identify value investors from Heins and Tilson’s The Art of Value Investing: How the World’s Best Investors Beat the Market. (Old School Value)
Historians’ understanding of the Revolutionary War keeps changing but popular history stays static. (Slate)
Is an egg counting app truly revolutionary? (Quartz)
What you may have missed in our Wednesday linkfest. (Abnormal Returns)
Abnormal Returns is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you click on my Amazon.com links and buy anything, even something other than the product advertised, I earn a small commission, yet you don't pay any extra. Thank you for your support.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Abnormal Returns has over its seven-year life become a fixture in the financial blogosphere. Over thousands of posts we have striven to bring the best of the financial blogosphere to readers. In that time the idea of a “forecast-free investment blog” remains as useful as it did six years ago. More »
- Friday links: exercising your strengths
- Thursday links: understanding Wall Street
- 6 Essential Principles from Pragmatic Capitalism by Cullen Roche
- Wednesday links: the multiplier effect
- Tuesday links: knowledge alone
- To bond ETF or not: an excerpt from Rational Expectations by William Bernstein
- Monday links: excessive valuations
- Sunday links: paralyzed with fear
- Top clicks this week on Abnormal Returns
- Saturday links: ripe for disruption