On Mondays we review some of the more relevant academic-inspired finance links. You can check out last week’s links including a look at the philosophy of shareholder value.
Quote of the Day
"A large number of [smart-beta vehicles] are inadvertently tapping into this rebalancing factor."(David Schofield)
- The market's performance in early January tells us nothing about the rest of the year. (statisticalideas.blogspot.com)
- Unpopular stocks, as measured by turnover, outperformed historically. (financial-planning.com)
- A look at why unconstrained bond managers have outperformed their index-hugging peers. (papers.ssrn.com)
- According to Burton Malkiel there is still plenty of room for indexing to grow before market efficiency is threatened. (blog.wealthfront.com)
- On the existence of short-term return reversals. (alphaarchitect.com)