Monday is all about academic (and practitioner) literature at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at private equity fees.
- Be wary of anecdotes not grounded in data. (aqr.com)
- Are factor models played out? (predictivealpha.wordpress.com)
- Asset allocation is more important than security selection. Why does everyone do it backward? (gestaltu.com)
- Value investing requires an ability to withstand periods of underperformance. (euclidean.com)
- Successful hedge funds tend to be contrarian traders. (papers.ssrn.com)
- How have smart beta strategies done in Australia historically? (allaboutalpha.com)
- What is an index: transparent, investable and systematic. (alo.mit.edu)