Wednesday is all about personal finance here at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at the challenge of aligning our spending with our values.
Quote of the Day
"Morality is very difficult to legislate."(Anthony Isola)
Chart of the Day
The portfolio size effect and the retirement red zone.
- Financial advisors need to lose the jargon. (morningstar.com)
- If you are mulling a career change due to the fiduciary rule you are probably in the wrong career. (awealthofcommonsense.com)
- Three steps to slow down your financial decision making. (blog.cordantwealth.com)
- The challenge isn't making money, it is keeping it. (tonyisola.com)
- Avoiding big mistakes is more important than achieving big successes. (awealthofcommonsense.com)
- Seven pieces of financial wisdom that aren't all that smart. (marketwatch.com)
- Beware the seduction of the "false hope of financial independence." (pointsandfigures.com)
- The benefits of a donor-advised fund. (bankers-anonymous.com)
- Divorce is a financial disaster in retirement. (bloomberg.com)
- How to maximize your credit card benefits. (nytimes.com)
- Should you buy a mattress online? (recode.net)