We are rearranging our specialty linkfests. Today we are introducing a standalone linkfest dedicated to ETFs. Links that appear here are more strategic than you will find in the daily linkfest. ETFs have been a favorite topic here at Abnormal Returns. We have been writing about them from the get go and dedicated a chapter in our book to them. We hope you enjoy the linkfest. Feedback is always welcome.
Quote of the Day
"The exchange-traded fund industry has ballooned to more than $3.2tn in assets, surpassing the $2.97tn held in hedge funds, as investors pile into low-cost offerings to capture the multiyear market rally."(Mary Childs)
Chart of the Day
The VanEck Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond ETF ($ANGL) has crushed it YTD.
- Smart beta investor chase returns like everyone else. (investingresearch.net)
- Network effects help ETFs and hurt mutual funds. (etf.com)
- Are passive bond ETFs distorting the credit market for the worse? Apollo Global thinks so. (wsj.com)
- Morningstar ($MORN) is giving away its equity indices for free. (investmentnews.com)
- Is currency hedging worth the trouble? (blog.thinknewfound.com)
- Five tips for trading ETFs. (beta.morningstar.com)