Thursdays at Abnormal Returns are all about startup and venture capital links. You can check out last week’s links including a look at how to build workplace culture.
Quote of the Day
"Insurance to cover liabilities is often an afterthought for many start-ups, but it should often be at the top of the list."(Janet Morrissey)
Chart of the Day
Search engine DuckDuckGo continues to show impressive growth.
- Your addressable market is not as big as you think it is. (medium.com)
- Being a Unicorn is not as good as being a Triple Crown. (medium.com)
- The tradeoffs of going public vs. getting acquired. (medium.com)
- A Trump presidency should not affect venture capital investment. (qz.com)
- Patience is a competitive advantage. (collaborativefund.com)
- The discipline of shipping software on time. (m.signalvnoise.com)
- Indiegogo is going to start equity crowdfunding. (nytimes.com)
- A profile of Spark Capital and its successful investment in car automation. (nytimes.com)
- Weed startups are all the rage. (medium.com)