It has been about six months since we initiated a membership program at Abnormal Returns. We have been gratified by the support we have received from our most loyal readers. It is a big ask of readers to support a site like ours and am jazzed every time some one new signs up. Given that introduction, we have learned a few lessons along the way.
- The vast majority of you haven’t become members.
- Most of who did so at the $25 level.
- If we don’t continue to push the model new membership sign-ups dry up.
In that light we are undertaking a 12-day new membership campaign in anticipation of our 12th blogiversary on October 13th.
- For every new membership from October 1-October 12th we will donate 10% of the proceeds to Team Rubicon.
- We have simplified the membership model down to two levels with a $30 (or $75) membership contribution
- You can now also send your friends and neighbors gift memberships for that same $30 fee.*
- Members in good standing as of October 13th will be eligible for a big Abnormal Returns-style book giveaway.
Here are some things staying the same for members.
- Members who sign-in on the site will receive an ad-lite experience.
- Weekly we send out an e-mail to members highlighting some of the best posts from the week.
- Going forward only members will be eligible for our epic book giveaways.
We understand that not everyone, frankly most of you, will not become members. That’s cool. There are some ways easy ways you can help support the site:
- Turn off your ad blocker (or whitelist Abnormal Returns).
- Sign-up for the Abnormal Returns e-mail list.
- Consider making your Amazon purchases through our links.
- We also appreciate your likes on Facebook.
- Advertise in our daily e-mails.
- Purchase sponsored links in our daily posts.
- Provide exclusive, special offers to Abnormal Returns readers. (The most exclusive readership on the financial web.)
- [INSERT] any other crazy idea you might have for us.
Thank you in advance for your membership and/or continued readership. We appreciate all our readers and hope to continue doing this for the indefinite future.
*If you would like to purchase multiple memberships for your organization please send us an e-mail. We will work something out.