Want to stay up-to-date with all of our posts? Sign up for our daily e-mail newsletter and get all the good stuff when it comes out.
Quote of the Day
"The Norwegian approach is one of going for the maximum of diversification for the minimum of cost. Individuals can do the same thing for themselves...So investors can emulate what Norway does in a way that they simply couldn’t do if they wanted to emulate Yale or Harvard..."(Elroy Dimson)
Chart of the Day
Alternatives attract a lot of attention because they generate 43% of industry revenues.
- Corrections always feel like the start of a new bear market. (fat-pitch.blogspot.com)
- You don't need to whip your portfolio around. (dashofinsight.com)
- Investor attitudes have changed of late. (thereformedbroker.com)
- Three lessons learned about trading from Victor Niederhoffer. (forbes.com)
- The best finance and investing books of 2018. (readingthemarkets.blogspot.com)
- 13 books on the "science of investing" from Larry Swedroe. (etf.com)
- "Delivering Alpha: Lessons from 30 Years of Outperforming Investment Benchmarks" by Hilda Ochoa-Brillembourg is "is brimming with the kind of practical wisdom that comes from years of experience in the trenches. Money managers of all stripes will profit from reading it." (readingthemarkets.blogspot.com)
Earlier on Abnormal Returns
- Adviser links: the story of money. (abnormalreturns.com)
- What you missed in our Sunday linkfest. (abnormalreturns.com)
- Top clicks last week on the site. (abnormalreturns.com)