Thursdays at Abnormal Returns are all about startup and venture capital links. You can check out last week’s links including a look at whether e-sports are in a bubble.
Chart of the Day
Most major IPOs underperform the S&P 500.
- Grasshopper Bancorp is a new VC-focused bank. (wsj.com)
- Step just raised additional capital to bring fee-free money management accounts to teens. (venturebeat.com)
"Secrets of Sand Hill Road"
- How early stage VCs decide where to invest - insights from Scott Kupor's new book "Secrets of Sand Hill Road: Venture Capital and How to Get It." (wired.com)
- A Q&A with Scott Kupor author of "Secrets of Sand Hill Road: Venture Capital and How to Get It." (fortune.com)
- Why trust is so important for brands. (usv.com)
- It is hard to maintain a company's stated values. (anildash.com)
- Where all the Social Capital alumni have landed since. (techcrunch.com)
- Aaron Rodgers just raised a $50 million VC fund. (techcrunch.com)
- Softbank wants to raise another $100 billion fund. (wsj.com)
- Why a slide that reads "What Are We Trying To Get Out of This Section" helps focus board discussions. (feld.com)
- How corporations can better work with startups. (hbr.org)
- How the EU’s new Payments Services Directive could hurt startup payment processors. (bnnbloomberg.ca)
- Airbnb has made the market for housing more efficient. (ft.com)
- Four lessons learned from Product Hunt. (media.thinknum.com)