Wednesdays are all about personal finance here at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at some of the best money apps of 2019.
Quote of the Day
"We need to strike a balance between today and tomorrow. We shouldn’t delay all gratification. For 80% of the population, this isn’t a risk."(Jonathan Clements)
Chart of the Day
How your financial priorities should stack up.
- What you need to know about the SECURE Act. (independenceadvisors.com)
- Another take on how the SECURE Act will affect retirement accounts. (obliviousinvestor.com)
- Personal and relationship goals have to fit with your career and financial goals. (genyplanning.com)
- Jonathan Clements on how to better use money to buy happiness. (ritholtz.com)
- When it comes to money, how you frame things matters a lot. (blog.acadviser.com)
- You have to understand the rules of personal finance before you can (safely) break them. (getrichslowly.org)
- Eight ways we kid ourselves that we are actually good at picking stocks. (evidenceinvestor.com)
- Many families pay as much in childcare as they do on their mortgage. (washingtonpost.com)
- How a fear of poverty made a husband's death a gift for his widow. (nytimes.com)
- Financial illiteracy is a scourge. (rationalwalk.com)