I don’t know about you, but between the hacks and the crazies, Twitter feels a bit like a hellscape of late.
you’re driving down the road and you see this. what do you do? pic.twitter.com/2kauqrZAGT
— misanthrope 🌽💀🐟 (@burgerpug69) July 20, 2020
Despite all that there are needles in the haystack worth noting. So here are some tweets from this week on the topic of financial freedom that are worthy of note and don’t require much, if any, added commentary on my part. Enjoy.
On the benefits of paying down debt…
Paying down debt leads to:
-> Greater levels of happiness
-> Less marital conflict
-> Less stress/better health
What other investment offers that?
— Carl Richards (@behaviorgap) July 21, 2020
How to define success…
If you define success solely in terms of gaining wealth, achievement, or influence, what you often lose is freedom.
One of the greatest accomplishments in life is earning the freedom to choose how you spend your time.
No currency is more valuable—or more scarce—than autonomy.
— Adam Grant (@AdamMGrant) July 21, 2020
90% of finance…
– Live below your means.
– Invest, diversified, with a 10+ year horizon.
– Expect and accept volatility.
That’s 90% of finance.
— Morgan Housel (@morganhousel) July 20, 2020
The basics of finance…
some low hanging fruit ….
1. pay off all credit card debt … basically lock-in a double digit return for yourself.
2. max out any employer-matching retirement plan. that is often a 100% return on your initial investment up front.
3. save/invest at least 10% of your salary. https://t.co/A2DGabgRTy
— Bob Brinker (@BobBrinker) July 20, 2020