Thursdays are all about longform links on Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s linkfest including a look at the history of the Starbucks Frappuccino.
Quote of the Day
"Expecting future generations to figure everything out reduces the odds of there being future generations."(Justin Fox)
Chart of the Day
The ‘Hero’s Journey’ doesn’t really apply when it comes to the financial markets.
- Park rangers are overworked and looking to get out. (esquire.com)
- Can an app help people get outside more? (outsideonline.com)
Food and drink
- The pandemic showed the downsides of concentration in the meat processing industry. (politico.com)
- Ex-drinkers are finding more non-alcoholic drink options. (newyorker.com)
- Occupy Wall Street feels like a long time ago. (ft.com)
- On the long history of vaccine mandates in America. (wsj.com)
- A model that helps explain why we sleep and how much. (aeon.co)
- Biohacking tools are now cheap and available. (ft.com)
- How freediving rearranges your body and mind. (gq.com)
- What is was like to have known Kurt Cobain. (newyorker.com)