Mondays are all about financial adviser-related links here at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at tax planning in light of legislative uncertainty.
Quote of the Day
"For those questioning the role of Treasury bonds in a balanced portfolio given their sub-inflation income payouts, today’s action is a nice reminder of why bonds still have a place at the table."(Joshua Brown)
Chart of the Day
Why people leave their adviser.
- Michael Kitces talks with Vincent Barbera of Newbridge Wealth Management about staying on the cutting edge of advisor tech. (podcasts.apple.com)
- Frazer Rice talks with Linsay Tanne about how to use college admissions to facilitate inter-generational wealth discussions. (frazerrice.com)
- The CFP Board's best research papers of 2021 including "Are Millennials Wary of the Stock Market? A Cohort Analysis of Stock Holdings" by Cheng and Yilmazer. (cfp.net)
- The 12 best business books of 2021 for advisors including "Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals" by Oliver Burkeman. (wealthmanagement.com)
- Abacus Wealth stands out in a number of ways including having co-CEOs. (riabiz.com)
- CI Financial ($CIXX) is adjusting its acquisition model to include firm equity. (citywireusa.com)
- f2 is looking to be the, OCTO, or Outsourced Chief Technology Office, for RIAs. (riabiz.com)
- Why retirement is a period so fraught with (mixed) emotions. (joylere.substack.com)
- America's retirement savings system is broken. (barrons.com)
- Retirement provides an opportunity for renewal for socioeconomically disadvantaged populations. (journals.sagepub.com)