When we first started blogging one of our goals was to write reviews of investment and economic books. Due largely to time considerations this has been one area where our expectations have fallen well short of expectations. Thankfully there are other bloggers who do a nice job of reviewing investment-related books, especially David Merkel at the Aleph Blog.
In any event we are not particularly interested in having to deal with new FTC regulations in regards to what bloggers need to disclose about any freebies that might receive, including review copies of books.
So as we approach year-end we have a stack of books on our desk that therefore need a new home. In the spirit of the season we are going to give away a half dozen seven books to our loyal readers. The titles include:
- Keynes: Return of the Master by Robert Skidelsky;
- More Mortgage Meltdown by Whitney Tilson & Glenn Tongue;
- Nerds on Wall Street by David Leinweber;
- Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett’s Omaha by Jeff Matthews;
- Snap Judgment by David E. Adler
- Super Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
And just added (direct from the source):
- Options Volatility Trading by Adam Warner
In order to enter the giveaway all we ask is that you send an e-mail to tadas–at–stocktwits.com with “Holiday book giveaway” in the subject line. The seven lucky winners will be chosen by random drawing on Friday, December 18th. Your e-mail will be used only for the purposes of this contest. The giveaway is also limited to US mailing addresses. In addition we cannot guarantee that the books will arrive by Christmas (or New Year’s for that matter).
In the spirit of the season (and inspired by market folly) if you are so inclined please feel free to demonstrate your support for this site by:
- Telling a friend about Abnormal Returns;
- Subscribing to our RSS feed;
- Subscribing to updates via e-mail;
- Following us on Twitter feed;
- Following us on StockTwits Desktop or
- Writing a review of Abnormal Returns at Investimonials.com.
Thanks again to all our readers. We look forward to hearing from you and good luck in the contest.
Update: The holiday book giveaway is closed and the winners have been notified via e-mail. Thank you all for your participation.