Tuesdays at Abnormal Returns are all about startup and venture capital links. You can check out last week’s links including a look at what it takes to create a robust startup ecosystem.
Quote of the Day
"(G)oing into a foxhole right now seems like the wrong idea. Some of the best companies have been created in times of great economic turmoil. And, because of that, some of the best venture capital investments have been made in times when everyone was risk averse. "(Fred Wilson)
Chart of the Day
The age of easy money is over in Silicon Valley.
- Be in love with your problem, not any particular solution. (medium.com)
- Sometimes co-founders need formal counseling. (next.ft.com)
- You can build a great company anywhere. (medium.com)
- Twilio ($TWLO) was the best seed pitch Fred Wilson has seen. (avc.com)
- Nextdoor is morphing its business model. (theverge.com)
- Lyft is trying to raise some more cash. (wsj.com)
- Lessons learned from Alex Blumberg about running a business. (thewaiterspad.com)