Mondays are all about ETFs here at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at the case against the rapid rise in passive ETFs.
Quote of the Day
"The rise of ETFs is not so much about a shift from active to passive, but simply a recognition that when financial advisors build investment portfolios, we prefer to do it using ETFs as our “building blocks”, rather than individual stocks and bonds."(Michael Kitces)
Chart of the Day
The Vanguard Value ETF ($VTV) is not all the value-ish.
- Vanguard is preparing to roll out actively managed ETFs. (thinkadvisor.com)
- Why Global X's hiring of Jon Maier is a big deal. (wsj.com)
- IBM's ($IBM) Watson is now running an ETF. (tabbforum.com)
- How to stay out of the ETF graveyard. (insight.factset.com)
- The number of ESG index ETFs is growing. (beta.morningstar.com)
- The alternative ETF space is diverse and complex. (barrons.com)
- Funds are gushing into the VanEck Vectors BDC Income ETF ($BIZD). (bloomberg.com)
- 15 ETFs with the most liquid options. (etf.com)
- Are celebrity-branded ETFs the future? (citywireusa.com)