Thursdays at Abnormal Returns are all about startup and venture capital links. You can check out last week’s links including a look at what a pivot really means for a startup.
Quote of the Day
"I feel like over the past three years, the venture environment had bifurcated into this world of “haves” and “have nots” where there are some companies that have struggled to raise money and some companies that have been able to raise gobs of money."(Patricia Nakache, a general partner at Trinity Ventures)
Chart of the Day
The horse race between VC and PE fund returns is surprisingly close.
- How a mission statement can help frame those inevitable disappointments. (betterhumans.coach.me)
- Every investor and entrepreneur in the US should read Emily Chang's "Brotopia." (feld.com)
- Team risk and how to do due diligence on our venture capital fund manager. (teten.com)
- Reid Hoffman talks with Tim Ferriss about "10 commandments for startup success." (mastersofscale.com)
- VCs reflect on Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. (vanityfair.com)
- 50 companies that started with little or no money. (hackernoon.com)