Tuesdays are all about academic (and practitioner) literature at Abnormal Returns. You can check out last week’s links including a look at the many challenges of implementing a tail-risk strategy.
Chart of the Day
Smart beta ETFs are not the same thing as factor investing.
- The traditional story about futures markets being made up of speculators and hedgers seems to play out in the data. (mrzepczynski.blogspot.com)
- Sector-neutrality helps reduce interest rate sensitivity with low-vol strategies. (factorresearch.com)
- How to integrate factor investing with ESG. (alphaarchitect.com)
- It's hard to read the research on private equity returns positively. (etf.com)
- How are individual portfolio managers compensated? (corpgov.law.harvard.edu)
- CEOs with more diverse networks perform better. (hbr.org)
- In China reverse merger companies don't underperform. (papers.ssrn.com)
- The story of Eric Falkenstein's 1994 dissertation on the low-vol effect. (falkenblog.blogspot.com)