We are now publishing our ESG links on a monthly basis. However the coronavirus pandemic has taken the wind out of ESG coverage and commentary. We will continue to monitor the space for now. You can check out the previous set of links including a look at the increased scrutiny of ESG ratings providers.
Quote of the Day
"The very nature of the pandemic is forcing companies to focus on their stakeholders, especially their employees, but also their customers and communities."(Jon Hale)
Chart of the Day
ESG funds demonstrated outperformance in Q1.
- Corporate social responsibility takes a backseat in the face of the coronavirus. (nytimes.com)
- What do you do with a company that knowingly exposed its customers and employees to the coronavirus? (wsj.com)
- The big problem with most ESG data is that relies on companies self-reporting. (ft.com)
- Morningstar ($MORN) now owns 100% of Sustainalytics. (pionline.com)
- Why investors should consider climate change in their portfolios. (morningstar.com)
- Two months ago corporate sustainability was all the rage. Survival is now in vogue. (wsj.com)
- Climate has taken a back seat to the war on the coronavirus and stimulus efforts. (ft.com)
- ESG investing is going to get cemented in people's minds by the coronavirus. (cnbc.com)
- The coronavirus is going to solidify the idea of corporate responsibility going forward. (fortune.com)
- The coronavirus is going to put an end to the idea of shareholder primacy. (fastcompany.com)